From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] User Mode Linux comments
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:20:21
1 > Have you tried VMWare? I use it to demo server configs and thankfully they
2 > have a pretty deep discount of 130$ for educational licenses.
3
4 Yeah, I've been using VMWare for a while now. It would just be nice to
5 use something else that doesn't require a gui to run. Plus, I'm all for
6 OSS and using this would boost that :)
7
8 > I would be interested in trying out User Mode Linux though, it sounds
9 > interesting. I had tried to set it up previously (a year ago?) but at the
10 > time the documentation wasnt very plentiful.
11
12 Yeah, documentation has gotten a lot better, but I was more in looking
13 for examples in different setups which I didn't find too many of. Of
14 course, I could be blind as I haven't spent a lot of time researching
15 this. I've got other things I need to be working on, but I figured I
16 could at least get some input from you guys.
17
18 My attempt to run Gentoo inside UML worked, but I still need to tweak a
19 few things before I try to make a full run at it.
20 --
21 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
22 Gentoo Infrastructure