From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] tomcat initialization hangs in time_wait
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 01:56:11
1 Anything in the tomcat logs (TOMCAT_HOME/logs)?
2
3 b
6 Matthieu Paindavoine wrote:
7 > Hello,
8 >
9 > Just emerged tomcat-5 and ran the init.d tomcat start
10 > script.
11 >
12 > I had some error with log4j, so I added a
13 > configuration for that.
14 >
15 > When I start the script now, the script never returns
16 > (last line printed is 'Using JAVA_HOME:
17 > /opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2-02'), and it creates a lot of
18 > socket connections that are in TIME_WAIT, and which
19 > disappear shortly after I kill the start script.
20 >
21 > I tried using strace to see what the problem was, but
22 > it doesn't report any error.
23 >
24 > I don't know exactly where to start debugging this
25 > problem, and I'd appreciate any suggestion.
26 >
27 > Thx,
28 >
29 > Matt
37 > Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger
38 > Téléchargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com
39 --
40 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list