From: Matthieu Paindavoine <ctordtor@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] tomcat initialization hangs in time_wait
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:38:09
1 Hello,
2
3 Just emerged tomcat-5 and ran the init.d tomcat start
4 script.
5
6 I had some error with log4j, so I added a
7 configuration for that.
8
9 When I start the script now, the script never returns
10 (last line printed is 'Using JAVA_HOME:
11 /opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2-02'), and it creates a lot of
12 socket connections that are in TIME_WAIT, and which
13 disappear shortly after I kill the start script.
14
15 I tried using strace to see what the problem was, but
16 it doesn't report any error.
17
18 I don't know exactly where to start debugging this
19 problem, and I'd appreciate any suggestion.
20
21 Thx,
22
23 Matt
31 Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger
32 Téléchargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com
33 --
34 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list