From: Patrick Witte <witte@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] "restart daemon" notification
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:32:16
1 Timo Veith wrote:
2 > It was about updating software and figuring out whether a certain daemon
3 > has to be restarted because libs could have changed or even binary of
4 > the daemon itself was overwritten etc. IIRC it was a combination of
5 > commands. lsof could be one of them but I am not sure. If nobody
6 > remembers such a message, maybe you can help me writing a script for
7 > that? I would start with something like "for every process do check if
8 > every shared library still exists" or so.
9
10 # lsof | grep DEL
11
12 will output a list 'open' files that have been deleted or changed in
13 filesystem but are still kept in memory.
16 Patrick
17 --
18 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list