From: Lance Lassetter <lance@×××××××.info>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] LDAP virtual server question
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:59:25
1 On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 13:49 -0500, Robert Larson wrote:
2 > > The question I have is can someone point me a direction as to where I can
3 > > learn the structure and meanings of the dc, ou, etc so I can figure out the
4 > > layout of the DIT?
5 >
6 > I have an O'Reilly book as well called "LDAP System Administration" written by
7 > Gerald Carter. This is a good book that seems to cover a lot on LDAP and
8 > where it falls short, it provides links.
9 >
10 > Here is another place (with good links at the bottom):
11 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ldap
12 >
13 > OpenLDAP's admin guide. I've been told that this provides a wealth of
14 > information:
15 > http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/
16 >
17 > LDAP for rocket scientists:
18 > http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/
19 >
20 > Hope this helps, happy hunting! :)
21 >
22 > Robert Larson
23 >
24 > --
25 > If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?
26 > -- Lily Tomlin
27
28 Thanks for the links, Robert.
29