From: widyachacra <widyachacra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] how to create qmail CA certifications for virtual domains
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:09:07
1 you guessed it correctly: My server has only one IP.
2
3 On 10/17/07, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <kalin@××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 > widyachacra wrote:
6 > > Dear List Friends,
7 > >
8 > > I'm using netqmail for three(3) domains(virtual mail). I want to
9 > > create separate CA certifications for each three(3) virtual mail
10 > > domains. How can i do this?
11 > Not sure what exactly you are trying to achieve, please clarify.
12 >
13 > Let me guess:
14 >
15 > Q: You want to use SMTP/SSL and probably POP3/SSL and you want the
16 > server to respond with different server certificate (nothing to do with
17 > CA) for each vdomain?
18 >
19 > A: You can NOT do this if you are running on a single IP. If you run
20 > several instances of tcpserver (or sslserver from sys-apps/ucspi-ssl) it
21 > probably can be easily done if you setup three instances on three
22 > different IPs. But might not work, has to think it. You might need to
23 > have a fourth "master" tcpserver.
24 > In ASCII it might look like:
25 >
26 > client_1======>sslserver_1---tcpclient_1---
27 > \
28 > ....... |--->tcpserver_0-->qmail-smtpd
29 > --- vpopmail
30 > /
31 > client_N======>sslserver_N---tcpclient_2---
32 >
33 > Everything can be implemented on one machine with several IP addresses
34 > (or ports, but it is messy). Similar stuff for the POP3/SSL.
35 > Basically this is a dirtbag SSL accelerator ;-D
36 >
37 > DISCLAIMER: This is off-the-top-of-my-head, it might not work ;-)
38 >
39 > Kalin.
40 >
41 > --