From: Kalin KOZHUHAROV <kalin@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] how to create qmail CA certifications for virtual domains
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:35:03
1 widyachacra wrote:
2 > Dear List Friends,
3 >
4 > I'm using netqmail for three(3) domains(virtual mail). I want to
5 > create separate CA certifications for each three(3) virtual mail
6 > domains. How can i do this?
7 Not sure what exactly you are trying to achieve, please clarify.
8
9 Let me guess:
10
11 Q: You want to use SMTP/SSL and probably POP3/SSL and you want the
12 server to respond with different server certificate (nothing to do with
13 CA) for each vdomain?
14
15 A: You can NOT do this if you are running on a single IP. If you run
16 several instances of tcpserver (or sslserver from sys-apps/ucspi-ssl) it
17 probably can be easily done if you setup three instances on three
18 different IPs. But might not work, has to think it. You might need to
19 have a fourth "master" tcpserver.
20 In ASCII it might look like:
21
22 client_1======>sslserver_1---tcpclient_1---
23 \
24 ....... |--->tcpserver_0-->qmail-smtpd --- vpopmail
25 /
26 client_N======>sslserver_N---tcpclient_2---
27
28 Everything can be implemented on one machine with several IP addresses
29 (or ports, but it is messy). Similar stuff for the POP3/SSL.
30 Basically this is a dirtbag SSL accelerator ;-D
31
32 DISCLAIMER: This is off-the-top-of-my-head, it might not work ;-)
33
34 Kalin.
38 +-> http://ThinRope.net/ <-+
42 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list