From: Bertrand CHERRIER <chr@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Qmail Scanner & SpamAssassin & Bounced Messages
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:38:16
1 G'day,
2
3 This is one of the reasons that made me switch to Exim+Courier-imap ...
4
5 good luck
6
7 Michael Irey a écrit :
8
9 >I have Qmail + Vpopmail + Qmail Scanner + SpamAssassin + ClamAV installed and
10 >all is functioning.
11 >
12 >However my qmail queue is filled with hundreds of double bounced messages. So
13 >I no longer bounce the incoming messages if the recipient does not exist on
14 >the system, I just delete it. This solves the queue problem. But the problem
15 >I have now is that all the bogus messages coming in get spam and virus
16 >checked before the email gets deleted... A waste of valuable resources.
19 >I have tried googleing for some time to no avail...
20 >
21 >Does anyone know if it is possible, to only scan the valid incoming emails.
22 >
23 >Example process of the way I would like it to work.
24 >
25 >1. Incoming message is received.
26 >2. If incoming message is determined invalid due to the recipient does not
27 >exist, the message is immediately deleted. If the recipient exists goto the
28 >next step.
29 >3. Spam and virus check.
30 >4. Deliver the message.
31 >
32 >--Thanks in advance
33 >
34 >Michael
35 >--
36 >gentoo-server@g.o mailing list
43 Bertrand CHERRIER
44 chr@××××××××.org
45 Linux chr 2.6.11-gentoo-r5 #2 Mon Apr 4 11:37:40 NCT 2005 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
46 -----
47 Bow before me, for I am root
50 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list