From: Michael Irey <michael@××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Qmail Scanner & SpamAssassin & Bounced Messages
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:30:32
1 I have Qmail + Vpopmail + Qmail Scanner + SpamAssassin + ClamAV installed and
2 all is functioning.
3
4 However my qmail queue is filled with hundreds of double bounced messages. So
5 I no longer bounce the incoming messages if the recipient does not exist on
6 the system, I just delete it. This solves the queue problem. But the problem
7 I have now is that all the bogus messages coming in get spam and virus
8 checked before the email gets deleted... A waste of valuable resources.
11 I have tried googleing for some time to no avail...
12
13 Does anyone know if it is possible, to only scan the valid incoming emails.
14
15 Example process of the way I would like it to work.
16
17 1. Incoming message is received.
18 2. If incoming message is determined invalid due to the recipient does not
19 exist, the message is immediately deleted. If the recipient exists goto the
20 next step.
21 3. Spam and virus check.
22 4. Deliver the message.
23