From: Christian Parpart <cparpart@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] apache2 + ssl + multiple virtual hosts
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:31:35
1 On Tuesday 07 September 2004 8:08 pm, Eric Thibodeau wrote:
2 > Chris,
3 > You might find an answer to your issues by using the Proxy module
4 > and running other instances of Apache (calling out apache with
5 > command-line specified config file). It's ugly but you would be able to
6 > have multiple servers using different SSL keys (I've done it and it
7 > works). Basically one front Apache server and a few in the back tweaked
8 > for each web site's load and config specifics... I don't like it but it
9 > seems to be the only way to do it for multiple SSL keys...
10 >
11 > http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html
12
13 Thanks both, eric^andy....
14
15 Well yes, this sound really ugly, your workaround. I call this a workaround
16 since this could definitely be solved by extending the HTTP/1.1 protocol to
17 delay the SSL/TLS negotiation so, that the host could be send cleartext, but
18 everything else is sent encrypted.
19
20 However, I say, that the apache SHALL at least warn the administrator about
21 this fault.
22
23 Regards,
24 Christian Parpart.
27 23:25:20 up 14 days, 11:04, 0 users, load average: 0.83, 0.95, 1.01