From: Wendall Cada <wendallc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] SMTP Woes
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:09:05
1 On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 02:00:20 -0500
2 Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I am getting a huge number of connections to my mail server (postfix)
5 > compared to usual. I've seen as many as 50 connections open at one
6 > time. The logs show that the connections are from several computers
7 > of varying IPs, and they are all trying to send mail to random
8 > mailboxes on my domain. It's very annoying, and I have noticed that
9 > inbound mail seems to be lagging by several hours. Is there
10 > something similar to denyhosts for spammers? Any other suggestions?
13 Sorry, I missed that you are using postfix. Are you using a sql
14 database for your lookups?
15
16 Wendall
17 --