From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] SMTP Woes
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:02:18
1 Wendall Cada wrote:
2 > Sorry, I missed that you are using postfix. Are you using a sql
3 > database for your lookups?
4
5 No SQL database, I'm actually the only user on this system. I don't
6 fully understand how it is doing the lookups honestly, but I figure it
7 has something to do with /etc/passwd and /etc/mail/aliases. I used this
8 guide to set up my system:
9
10 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Email_System_for_the_Home_Network
11
12 I had the reject code set to 450 (try again later) so I just changed it
13 to 550 (reject). Hopefully that will help. I have considered
14 greylisting since valid mail should try again, so perhaps that is the
15 way to go. Also, the lists of known spammers would be useful. Thanks
16 for all the replies!
19 Randy Barlow
20 http://electronsweatshop.com
21 --