From: Dan Noe <dpn@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] back to basics
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:38:29
1 On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 10:34:23AM -0700, Ben Munat wrote:
2 > Okay, here's a really basic question, but one that I've never gotten
3 > around to answering, nor have I found an answer in the docs/forums:
4 >
5 > During an emerge, often messages like "Don't ever do foo or your whole
6 > system will explode!!!" fly by and they are not in the emerge.log. Is
7 > there someplace to find these after the fact?
8 >
9 > I suppose I could dump the output into a file but that might get
10 > unwieldy on an long emerge. Seems like portage should have an emerge.log
11 > and an emerge.messages...
12
13 I often go digging for the ebuild itself, open it up in vim, and read the
14 einfo block at my leisure. I would prefer, however, a log or other file
15 that contained the einfo information. Anyone?
16
17 On a side note, I wish everyone on the list a joyous System Administrator's
18 Day :)
22 | Dan Noe, freelance hacker
23 | http://isomerica.net/