From: Bengt Frost <bengtfrost@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] plone, python and slots
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 09:46:36
1 Just go ahead. No problema!. Older python goes into another path than
2 default python(2.3.3-r1).
3
4 -- Bengt Frost
5
6 tis 2004-07-06 klockan 07.01 skrev Ben Munat:
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > I was thinking about giving plone (plone.org) a try, but an emerge -p
10 > plone lists dev-lang/python-2.1.3-r1 as one of the dependencies. I
11 > already have python-2.3.3-r1 on my machine, so I'm assuming that this
12 > means my python install will get slotted.
13 >
14 > This probably isn't a big deal, but since python is crucial to a
15 > functioning gentoo machine, I'm a little nervous about it. Was wondering
16 > if anyone has had or heard of any problems with having multiple slotted
17 > versions of python?
18 >
19 > Ben
20 >
21 > PS: hmm, I just took a look at what would get emerged if I used ~x86...
22 > It doubled the length of the list, but /still/ wants python-2.1.3-r1.