From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] plone, python and slots
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 05:00:21
1 Hi,
2
3 I was thinking about giving plone (plone.org) a try, but an emerge -p
4 plone lists dev-lang/python-2.1.3-r1 as one of the dependencies. I
5 already have python-2.3.3-r1 on my machine, so I'm assuming that this
6 means my python install will get slotted.
7
8 This probably isn't a big deal, but since python is crucial to a
9 functioning gentoo machine, I'm a little nervous about it. Was wondering
10 if anyone has had or heard of any problems with having multiple slotted
11 versions of python?
12
13 Ben
14
15 PS: hmm, I just took a look at what would get emerged if I used ~x86...
16 It doubled the length of the list, but /still/ wants python-2.1.3-r1.