From: Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] general advise on running a package repository
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:07:45
1 On Friday 03 February 2006 02:13 pm, Ian P. Christian wrote:
2 > On Friday 03 February 2006 19:46, Radoslaw Stachowiak wrote:
3 > > I've written and maintained and used since 2 years custom made
4 > > software for this process. It;s called portki available on
5 > > dev.gentoo.org/~radek/portki/ - unfortunately there is no good
6 > > documentation to it. We can arrange an irc or skype session as I'm a
7 > > quite busy person if You want me to describe it to You.
8 >
9 > This sounds incredible and exactly what we need! Great work! I'll have a
10 > look over it, and see what I can come up with. If we do go with it, I'll
11 > probably end up documenting it internally anyway, so I'll ask the boss if I
12 > can release the docs - I'm sure he won't have a problem with that.
13 >
14 Hello Ian,
15
16 Have you by chance been able to build any documentation that can be released
17 to the open world about portki? I am in a similar situation and will need to
18 reverse engineer it in order to implement it. Further, I too will need to
19 create some documentation for internal purposes, and there is no reason why I
20 shouldn't be able to release it. ;-)
21
22 If you have any information on portki, it would be a great help!
23
24 BTW, these are an impressive set of scripts Radoslaw!
25
26 Regards,
27
28 Robert Larson