From: "Jonathan S. Romero" <jo875452@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] an alternate firewall solution for Gentoo
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:22:58
1 I have been pretty happy with shorewall in general, because it makes moving
2 rulesets between machines very easy. It also has very common sense syntax
3 when narrowing rules to specific machines or specific subnets on an
4 interface.
5
6 Shorewall is a really awesome iptables init.d script that pulls data from
7 several shorewall files that you hand edit.
8
9 -Jonathan
10