From: Pierre Cassimans <kammicazze@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] webmail software
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:25:58
1 >From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
2 >Reply-To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
3 >To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
4 >Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] webmail software
5 >Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:29:46 -0500
6 >
7 >Michael Irey wrote:
8 >>Hi everyone, I am reviewing webmail software to be be installed in a high
9 >>use production environment. The mail server is qmail with vpopmail.
10 >>
11 >>I am looking for:
12 >> * stability
13 >> * security
14 >> * speed
15 >> * ability to change the look and feel
16 >> * overall features
17 >>
18 >>The ones I have reviewed so far are horde/imp, squirrelmail, and DWmail.
19 >
20 > My old virtual system was running Squirrelmail, but on the new system
21 >we're running both Squirrel and Horde/IMP. Most customers seem to like the
22 >IMP interface better and its HTML mail support seems to work unlike SM. We
23 >will likely drop SM at some point in the future.
24 > If you do install both even if just for testing you should modify the
25 >preferences so that IMP and SM use the same folders. By default IMP uses
26 >sent-mail, drafts, and a trash folder feature is not on. I changed that to
27 >Sent, Drafts, and turned on Trash so that users switching between
28 >Thunderbird, SM, and IMP had the same folder setup. You'll also need to
29 >turn on HTML mail display in one of the conf files as well in IMP.
30 > I do find the folder setup in IMP a little funky to browse through, but
31 >that's really my only major complaint so far.
32 >
33 >kashani
34 >--
35 >gentoo-server@g.o mailing list
38 which version of Horde/Imp have you running? I have Imp 4.0.3 running and
39 i'm feeling a big performance hit with this version over the old 3.x ones.
40 Is there a big speed difference between SM and Horde/Imp?
41
42 Pierre Cassimans
43
44 Pierre Cassimans