From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] webmail software
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 04:32:36
1 Michael Irey wrote:
2 > Hi everyone, I am reviewing webmail software to be be installed in a high use
3 > production environment. The mail server is qmail with vpopmail.
4 >
5 > I am looking for:
6 > * stability
7 > * security
8 > * speed
9 > * ability to change the look and feel
10 > * overall features
11 >
12 > The ones I have reviewed so far are horde/imp, squirrelmail, and DWmail.
13
14 My old virtual system was running Squirrelmail, but on the new system
15 we're running both Squirrel and Horde/IMP. Most customers seem to like
16 the IMP interface better and its HTML mail support seems to work unlike
17 SM. We will likely drop SM at some point in the future.
18 If you do install both even if just for testing you should modify the
19 preferences so that IMP and SM use the same folders. By default IMP uses
20 sent-mail, drafts, and a trash folder feature is not on. I changed that
21 to Sent, Drafts, and turned on Trash so that users switching between
22 Thunderbird, SM, and IMP had the same folder setup. You'll also need to
23 turn on HTML mail display in one of the conf files as well in IMP.
24 I do find the folder setup in IMP a little funky to browse through, but
25 that's really my only major complaint so far.
26
27 kashani
28 --
29 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list