From: Patrick Nagel <mail@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Toughts on Virtualization
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 23:48:05
1 I'm using Linux-VServer for a couple of years, both with Gentoo and RHEL/CentOS. Had some trouble setting everything up at the time, but the main contributer (bertl) is always very helpful, and he is reachable on IRC (and the ML) nearly every day.
2
3 If you don't need the guests to be able to do network configuration (since that can only be done from the host), I can definitely recommend Linux-VServer.
4
5 "Vinícius Ferrão" <viniciusferrao@××××××××××.br> wrote:
6
7 >Hello fellas,
8 >
9 >I'm considering to implement some Gentoo Servers on top of VMWare
10 >vSphere ESXi. But perhaps this is not the best option.
11 >
12 >I was googling about performance issues in this scenario and started to
13 >consider some OS-Level VT, like OpenVZ or Linux-vserver, or whatever
14 >else.
15 >
16 >So I'm here to ask some opinions about virtualization.
17 >
18 >My restricted set of rules (LOL):
19 >1. I will not run anything else than Linux.
20 >2. I don't care about GPL, BSD, Icecream, Bacon, or whatever license,
21 >since it's free, it's fine.
22 >3. Don't need to be an Opensource solution.
23 >
24 >Thanks for any help,
27 Sent from my phone.