From: Joey McCoy <ixion@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: gs-sources - gone!?
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:11:22
1 I second that. Been using hardened-dev-sources for a month or two now, and
2 it is much faster with Apache and so on. Lots of neat features, too.
3 Stable as a rock.
4
5 > Lance Albertson schrieb am 10/15/2004 05:36 AM:
6 >
7 >> You should look at hardened-dev-sources if you want to see the upcoming
8 >> hardened 2.6 kernel. It seems fairly stable for me, although I haven't
9 >> run it on many boxes. It worth at least testing!
10 >
11 > I'm running hardened-dev-sources on 4 different servers with different
12 > setups for several months now (apache, dhcp, dns, ftp, ntp, nfs, samba,
13 > battlefield 1942 server, teamspeak server etc.), and I didn't have any
14 > kernel-based problems so far. hardened-dev-sources seem to be quite
15 > stable to me, and as kernel 2.6 is much faster than kernel 2.4, I prefer
16 > hardened-dev-sources to hardened-sources.
17 >
18 > Michael.