From: Michael Schachtebeck <michael.schachtebeck@×××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: gs-sources - gone!?
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 06:26:18
1 Lance Albertson schrieb am 10/15/2004 05:36 AM:
2
3 > You should look at hardened-dev-sources if you want to see the upcoming
4 > hardened 2.6 kernel. It seems fairly stable for me, although I haven't
5 > run it on many boxes. It worth at least testing!
6
7 I'm running hardened-dev-sources on 4 different servers with different
8 setups for several months now (apache, dhcp, dns, ftp, ntp, nfs, samba,
9 battlefield 1942 server, teamspeak server etc.), and I didn't have any
10 kernel-based problems so far. hardened-dev-sources seem to be quite
11 stable to me, and as kernel 2.6 is much faster than kernel 2.4, I prefer
12 hardened-dev-sources to hardened-sources.
13
14 Michael.