From: Sandy McArthur <sandymac@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] requirements for a more stable portage tree
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:54:28
1 Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 02:39:41PM +0100 or thereabouts, Martin Hajduch wrote:
3 >> in my humble opinion, it would be better (for my purposes) to have
4 >> more 'user friendly' way of configuring which packages and under
5 >> which circumstances i want to update (or get a notification about
6 >> an important update) when i do emerge -u world some kind of
7 >> configurable filtering with possibility to do customizations also
8 >> on per-package level
9 >
10 > Can you elaborate on how you see this working? Not sure I
11 > understand. Again, try to focus on requirements instead of
12 > implementation.
13
14 If we could easily define a list of pacakges and versions that we want
15 on each box it would make cluster management easier. Being able to bring
16 a node update date with an approved list would be very helpful.
17
18 Sandy