From: Jason Harley <jharley@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] UTC vs. localtime
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:19:00
1 On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 11:58 -0500, Robert Larson wrote:
2 <snip>
3 > I have another machine that does reflect the proper time, and it is set as
4 > follows:
5 > /etc/conf.d/clock: CLOCK="UTC"
6 > /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/<my timezone>
7
8 It's my understanding that this is proper -- you're saying your hardware
9 clock is set to UTC/Zulu/Prime Meridian and that your local time zone is
10 the proper timezone for the area your server lives in.
11
12 This is the way I've always done it, but I admit that I haven't done a
13 terrible amount of research on the issue.
14
15 Cheers,
16 ./JRH
19 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list