From: "Witschel
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Printserver for Windows Network wit Samba/CUPS
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:59:11
1 Hi everybody!
2
3 I have a question about the setup of a printserver using samba an cups. The goal is a central printserver for about 2000 users, managing something around 1500 Queues. Queues should be attached to clients without the need for local driver installation.
4
5 I have read the Gentoo howto for this and tested the procedure. Well it works fine but windows still wants to install a local printer driver. I remember reading about EMF support in ghostscript, so is there any way to configure samba to accept EMF data from the client (e.g. samba has to be configured to tell windows clients, that it can handle EMF)?
6
7 Any experiences or suggestions?
8
9 Matthias Witschel