From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] sys-kernel/xen-sources and sys-kernel/linux-headers
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 08:07:32
1 On Mon, 11 May 2009 07:41:27 -0500
2 Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I don't use Xen, but I was under the impression that Xen support had
5 > been rolled into gentoo-sources (and probably even upstream, which
6 > means it's in vanilla-sources).
7
8 XEN DomU support is in the upstream kernel since some versions, XEN
9 Dom0 support is not yet there. It did not make it into 2.6.30, at least
10 and I doubt, that they patched it into gentoo-sources.
11
12 So for Dom0 you need xen-sources, for DomU you can most likely use
13 vanilla-sources or gentoo-sources.