From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] sys-kernel/xen-sources and sys-kernel/linux-headers
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 12:41:45
1 Halassy Zoltán wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 >
4 > I tried to google around with this, but didn't find anything useful.
5 >
6 > I am maintaining a xen based system, dom0 and domU both gentoo x86_64
7 > (they're working flawlessly for a long time now).
8 >
9 > The latest non-masked xen-sources is at version 2.6.18-r12, and the
10 > _oldest_ 2.6 linux-headers is at 2.6.23-r3.
11 >
12 > My question is, is it safe to compile a new glibc (2.8), with newer
13 > headers and older kernel api? Or should I create an ebuild like
14 > "xen-headers" to an overlay?
15
16 I don't use Xen, but I was under the impression that Xen support had been rolled
17 into gentoo-sources (and probably even upstream, which means it's in
18 vanilla-sources).
21 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
22 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead