From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Web hosting for 75k+ users
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:25:51
1 Gerhard Just Olsen wrote:
4 > Dos anyone have any experience useig nagios? Is there any other network management
5 > system you have used/ found useful?
6
7 I'm using nagios at where I work and we find it very useful. I also manage the
8 nagios setup for Gentoo's production servers which are located all over the
9 world. It works great and is an awesome tool for notifying us if anything is
10 about to happen. Granted, there is a little learning curve to configuring
11 nagios at first, but the documentation is great and shouldn't be too hard to
12 figure out.
13
14 We've actually got nagios talking to an eggdrop bot too, sending notifications
15 to our infrastructure channel. Quite handy I might add. If you need some
16 advice or help, you can catch me on IRC as Ramereth on freenode. I usually
17 hang out in #gentoo-server.
20 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
21 Gentoo Infrastructure