From: Gerhard Just Olsen <gerhard@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Web hosting for 75k+ users
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:02:27
1 well it's official. I (WorkTooMuch) is back in the computer biz
2
3 I'm back at my old job now and among other things I'm going to sett up a webhosting solution for more then 75.000 e-mail user's spread over 40.000 businesses in the smb marked.
4
5 So if anyone needs some free web hosting for a gentoo server related project the just send me an e-mail. I cant registrar any domains yet (only .no) but soon.
6
7 Has anyone got any experience with a system of this size?
8
9 I want to have a fully redundant system with to inner and outer firewalls using some form of droute.
10
11 Redundant web, dns and e-mail servers.
12
13 Single backup, ups controller, network monitoring/management system, and lpda(redundant?)
14
15 Any suggestions are welcome
16
17 Should I use qmail or postfix and why?
18
19 What about antispam and antivirus? Any suggestions/experiences?
20
21 Dos anyone have any experience useig nagios? Is there any other network management system you have used/ found useful?
22
23 What about storage? Dos anyone have any experience here? I want southing that is linux/gentoo based and redundant.
24
25 The users is currently on a imail system so I have to migrate them form there. Has anyone don this before?
26
27 I have some experience using squirrel web mail. Any suggestions here?
28
29 I plan to use the wiki to document the apps that I use. It should be the natural place for something like that.