From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mailman: how to approve messages by automated script or how to just allow autopost from address and ip?
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 23:43:36
1 On 02/06/05, Claudinei Matos <claudineimatos@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hey guys,
3 >
4 > I have a list at mailman with all my clients. I've specified that all
5 > posts to the list are moderated.
6 > That works fine but I always have to approve the messages by admin interface.
7 > The situation is that I have a address that I want to trust to post to
8 > the list without moderation but I can't just allow that email 'cause
9 > anyone that post using this email address and so send whatever he want
10 > to my list.
11 > I'm wondering if is there a way to create some really trusted process
12 > like verifing the email and even the IP of the sender. Could this be
13 > possible?
14 > Other possibility I think is to create a shell script that verify the
15 > post and send it automatically by verifiying some "string" at the
16 > message code.
17 >
18 > Well, I give a try to understand the mailman process but I didn't
19 > found a way to implement the possible "shell script" solution, so I
20 > really don't know how to solve my problem.
21 >
22 > Did someone implemented such a thing?
23 >
24 > Tks in advice,
25 >
26 > Claudinei Matos
27
28 If you are gonna verify some kind of string at the message code, why
29 not just verify the sender's PGP/GPG?
30
31 -- Joe
34 Money can't buy everything.
35 Sometimes money can't even buy a gun...
38 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list