From: Ronald Vazquez <r.vazquez@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Need help installing Apache with PHP on our server
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:03:59
1 Hello:
2
3 I am having a bit of trouble installing Apache-2.0.XX with PHP-4.X on
4 our Gentoo server using the emerge system. I have done multiple times
5 (from source) on Red hat, SuSE, Slackware, and others but have never
6 used the emerge functionality. I guess part of the problem is that I am
7 not yet familiar with the options to be used with the emerge system.
8
9 Could some one please guide me to a good source of documentation or
10 HowTo detailing the Apache/PHP/MySQL setup on Gentoo Linux? Perhaps a
11 Gentoo/Apache/PHP/MySQL for dummies. ;-) I am very excited about using
12 Gentoo and perhaps making it my main OS after using Slackware for 15 years.
13
14 Thanks in advance,
15 Ronald Vazquez
16 --