From: Michiel de Bruijne <m.debruijne@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] nfs problems truncating files
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:56:22
1 On Thursday 09 February 2006 00:32, Ramon van Alteren wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > After bringing the NAS up mentioned here earlier on the list I'm
5 > having an "interesting" problem with NFS on it.
6
7 > #root@cl36 ~ 20:29:56 > for i in `seq 1 30`; do dd count=1000 if=/dev/
8 > zero of=/root/tools/test.tst; ls -la /root/tools/test.tst ; rm /root/
9 > tools/test.tst ; done
10 > 1000+0 records in
11 > 1000+0 records out
12 > dd: closing output file `/root/tools/test.tst': No space left on device
13 > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 163840 Feb 8 20:30 /root/tools/test.tst
16 > Which seems to indicate that RAID + LVM + complex storage and
17 > 4KSTACKS can cause problems. However I can't find the 4KSTACK symbol
18 > anywhere in my config.
19 >
20 > Thanx,
21 >
22 > Ramon
23
24 Hi Ramon,
25
26 Where you able to resolve this?
27
28 Next week I have access to a NAS-head/SAN an have some time, I will try to
29 reproduce this problem (with/without RAID, LVM, 4K).
30
31 If you add a df -h |grep "/root/tools" in the loop how much free space do you
32 see on the mountpoint? How much data is on the mount point? Do you see
33 messages in the syslog (server and client)? What does nfsstat return? If you
34 sniff the network traffic do you see something out of the ordinary? If you
35 use the default settings (e.g. udp) do you still have the same problem?
36
37 Regards,
38 Michiel.
39 --