From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Two Apache Instances
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 05:19:29
1 Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > booty apache2 # /etc/init.d/backuppcApache2 start
3 > * Caching service dependencies ... [ ok ]
4 > * Starting apache2 ...
5 > httpd (pid 1450) already running [ ok ]
6
7 So I think the problem is with how I am using start-stop-daemon. I
8 tried to run the command manually:
9
10 booty ~ # start-stop-daemon --start --pidfile
11 /var/run/backuppcApache2.pid --exec /usr/sbin/apache2 -- -D
12 BACKUPPC_VHOST -f /etc/BackupPC/httpd.conf -k start
13 httpd (pid 1450) already running
14
15 I thought that the fact that I specified --pidfile should tell it to use
16 a different pid file. This is how I interpreted the man page. Am I
17 incorrect?
20 Randy Barlow
21 http://electronsweatshop.com
22
23 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people
24 for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him
25 who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were
26 not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received
27 mercy, but now you have received mercy. ~1 Peter 2:9-10
30 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list