From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Two Apache Instances
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 04:15:19
1 Hi all, I am trying to get two instances of apache to run using the
2 newer 2.2 version for my BackupPC server web interface. I had this
3 working in 2.0, but the big changes in the way the configs worked threw
4 my setup off. Basically, I copied the apache2 init script and conf.d
5 file to backuppcApache in each of those directories and I made changes
6 that I thought would be relevant. I also copied the default httpd.conf
7 to /etc/BackupPC/httpd.conf and created vhost files. The problem is
8 that some part of the init system doesn't seem to think things are right
9 and it says that apache2 is already running:
10
11 booty apache2 # /etc/init.d/backuppcApache2 start
12 * Caching service dependencies ... [ ok ]
13 * Starting apache2 ...
14 httpd (pid 1450) already running [ ok ]
15
16 That is my normal apache2 (that runs http://electronsweatshop.com). So
17 somewhere in my setup I have a mistake. I've attached the relevant
18 files. Could some kind soul help me find my mistake?
21 Randy Barlow
22 http://electronsweatshop.com

backuppcApache2.conf.d text/x-dsrc
backuppcApache2.init.d text/x-dsrc