From: Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] switch from syslog-ng to metalog
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:35:04
1 Hello,
4 Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I am having trouble figuring out what
5 is going on with metalog. I have rebooted these machines, so I am sure that
6 syslog-ng is no longer running. I ran a "netstat -p", and it shows that
7 metalog has the socket open as /dev/log.
8
9 The only messages coming through are from cron and ntp (I installed those
10 after making the switch).
11
12 Does anyone have any ideas? Surely, someone else (running Gentoo) has tried
13 this switch before, no?
14
15 Any help is appreciated.
18 Regards,