From: Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] authentication in servers
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:09:01
1 On Monday 15 August 2005 05:38 pm, Moises Silva wrote:
2 > Hi. I got a network of about 15 different hosts. Also, for each
3 > service, different accounts are managed in each server. So keeping a
4 > track of passwords is starting to be a problem. I would like to hear
5 > some suggestions of more experimented users in this situation.
6
7 This seems like it may accomplish a lot of what you may be looking for:
8 http://www.opentechnet.com/auth-howto/index.html
9
10 On the downside, I'm not sure how you could incorporate ssh keys into it. The
11 setup though will allow you to integrate a large variety of applications into
12 one centralized system, utilizing a veriety of mechanisms. Also, this is
13 probably not the optimal or most efficient layout, but it should allow for a
14 quick expansion if there is a need.
15
16 HTH
17