From: Moises Silva <moises.silva@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] authentication in servers
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:34:07
1 thanks for your advices, i will do some research about the options you
2 showed me and will report back feedback.
3
4 warm regards.
5
6 On 8/16/05, Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com> wrote:
7 > On Monday 15 August 2005 05:38 pm, Moises Silva wrote:
8 > > Hi. I got a network of about 15 different hosts. Also, for each
9 > > service, different accounts are managed in each server. So keeping a
10 > > track of passwords is starting to be a problem. I would like to hear
11 > > some suggestions of more experimented users in this situation.
12 >
13 > This seems like it may accomplish a lot of what you may be looking for:
14 > http://www.opentechnet.com/auth-howto/index.html
15 >
16 > On the downside, I'm not sure how you could incorporate ssh keys into it. The
17 > setup though will allow you to integrate a large variety of applications into
18 > one centralized system, utilizing a veriety of mechanisms. Also, this is
19 > probably not the optimal or most efficient layout, but it should allow for a
20 > quick expansion if there is a need.
21 >
22 > HTH
23 >
24 > Robert Larson