From: James Hiscock <boxroot@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Postfix Hell
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 04:19:46
1 > In /var/log/messages I'm getting an error about transport not
2 > available. I know that I wondered, while going through this
3 > (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/mailfilter-guide.xml) how-to, that I
4 > simply stated my local domain to be called something, but I have not
5 > declared this anywhere else. Where would I declare the name of
6 > domain.tld? /etc/hosts ?
7
8 Your local domain needs to match the domain for the machine. For
9 example, google.ca is a domain; if your machine happened to be called
10 'gmail', then the FQDN is "gmail.google.ca". You don't need to
11 "declare" it anywhere if you're using a valid FQDN for your machine,
12 and the FQDN is in a valid DNS server; otherwise, it needs to be set
13 in /etc/hosts, as you had guessed.
14
15 I have no idea if that will solve your problem, but it wouldn't
16 surprise me: postfix probably just can't find 'selby.tld', because it
17 doesn't exist anywhere. Try changing 'selby.tld' to your machine's
18 name, restart postfix, and see what happens...
19 --
20 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list