From: Tim Igoe <tim@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Setting up something similar to anonymizer
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 15:56:04
1 Dunno if it helps you, but theres one - a CGI based one
2
3 http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/
6 Tim Igoe
7 tim@×××××××.uk
8 http://tim.igoe.me.uk - Personal Site
9 http://tv.igoe.me.uk - UK TV Guide
10
11 "Computers are like Air-con, open windows and they stop working!"
14 Kurt Lieber wrote:
15 > For those unfamiliar with anonymizer, it's essentially a web-based proxy
16 > that allows a user to enter a web address in a web form and have that site
17 > displayed in a frame. This is done to prevent web sites from identifying
18 > you personally.
19 >
20 > However, another thing it's useful for is bypassing site filters that some
21 > corporations have in place.
22 >
23 > So, is there anything similar to anonymizer out there that can offer
24 > similar functionality? (that I can set up on my server) Is this something
25 > squid + a PHP page or three can do? I don't care about the anonymous
26 > aspect of it -- I simply want to be able to browse any web site, regardless
27 > of whatever site filters may be in place at the client site I may be
28 > working at.
29 >
30 > thanks
31 >