From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Setting up something similar to anonymizer
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 14:43:20
1 For those unfamiliar with anonymizer, it's essentially a web-based proxy
2 that allows a user to enter a web address in a web form and have that site
3 displayed in a frame. This is done to prevent web sites from identifying
4 you personally.
5
6 However, another thing it's useful for is bypassing site filters that some
7 corporations have in place.
8
9 So, is there anything similar to anonymizer out there that can offer
10 similar functionality? (that I can set up on my server) Is this something
11 squid + a PHP page or three can do? I don't care about the anonymous
12 aspect of it -- I simply want to be able to browse any web site, regardless
13 of whatever site filters may be in place at the client site I may be
14 working at.
15
16 thanks
17