From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Setting up something similar to anonymizer
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 15:29:49
1 On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 02:43:27PM +0000 or thereabouts, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > So, is there anything similar to anonymizer out there that can offer
3 > similar functionality? (that I can set up on my server) Is this something
4 > squid + a PHP page or three can do? I don't care about the anonymous
5 > aspect of it -- I simply want to be able to browse any web site, regardless
6 > of whatever site filters may be in place at the client site I may be
7 > working at.
8
9 After a little more focused googling, I found:
10
11 http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/
12
13 Which I have up and running and appears to work great, at least for non-SSL
14 sites. Working on getting SSL going, too.
15
16 Still curious if there are other applications/ways of doing this, but for
17 now, my immediate need is solved.
18
19 --kurt