From: gentoo-server <gentoo-server@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Web Based Job Ticket System?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:16:37
1 kashani wrote:
2
3 > Andrew D. Fant wrote:
4 >
5 >> gentoo-server wrote:
6 >>
7 >>>> I'm looking for a web based job ticket system. We use apache 2 and
8 >>>> mysql
9 >>>> currently, and also have php 4/5.
10 >>>>
11 >>>> Any suggestions?
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>> http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/
15 >>>
16 >>> We use it with ~10 users, and ~5000 end users submitting tickets.
17 >>> Works
18 >>> very well for us.
19 >>>
20 >>> Stan
23 >> I'll second that. We use RT here and it works quite well. Better than
24 >> many commercial solutions, in fact.
25 >>
26 >> Andy
29 > Ditto here, but RT is royal pain in the ass to get working. Gentoo
30 > does have an ebuild for it now, so it may not be as bad as when I
31 > built mine a few years ago.
32 >
33 > You'll need Mysql w/innodb support for the current version and you may
34 > have the best luck with Apache1 and mod_perl1.
35 >
36 > kashani
37
38 I second that, Apache1 and mod_perl.
39
40 The way I do it is I have an entire Perl ,Apache and RT installation in
41 the RT users homedir:
44 32M apache
45 8.0K dead.letter
46 4.0K last_ip.pl
47 3.8M lib
48 57M local-perl
49 1.3M man
50 211M rt
51 32M rt_backups
52 424K share
53 18M src
54 4.0K startup.pl
55
56 It works out very well, it migrates machine to machine very well, and is
57 fairly immune to upgrades to perl and such breaking it.
58
59 Other things to watch out for:
60 * There are changes you need to make to your MySQL system. Specifically
61 there is usually a mismatch between RT's max attachment size and MySQL's
62 packet size, which means cropped attachments. The rest are just
63 performance related. There is a relationship between RT's speed, and
64 the memory you give MySQL.
65
66 * Some file in /etc needs to be updated. Shared memory related I think?
70 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list