From: Chris S <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] ldap multiple dc rootdn?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 04:59:55
1 Paul Kölle wrote:
2
3 > please post the ldif containing the entries for you intended base, I'll
4 >
5 >give it a shot.
8 Hi Paul,
9 Sorry for the delay.. been super busy.
10
11 As previously mentioned, it's the base that I can't create with 3 dc
12 levels, however I can get around it by creating base level of two, then
13 adding the third dc, then switching the base back to 3 levels (although
14 this doesn't "feel" clean). All the same, here's my configuration. Any
15 pointers, slaps around the head appreciated.
16
17 openldap 2.2.26 emerged and configured
18
19 searching is successful:
20
21 *code*
22 dually # ldapsearch -D "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au" -W -x
23 Enter LDAP Password:
24 # extended LDIF
25 #
26 # LDAPv3
27 # base <> with scope sub
28 # filter: (objectclass=*)
29 # requesting: ALL
30 #
31
32 # search result
33 search: 2
34 result: 32 No such object
35
36 # numResponses: 1
37 */code*
38
39 here is my base.ldif:
40
41 *code*
42 dn: dc=net,dc=au
43 dc: net
44 objectClass: top
45 objectClass: domain
46
47 dn: dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
48 dc: domain
49 objectClass: top
50 objectClass: domain
51 */code*
52
53 when I try and insert it:
54
55 *code*
56 dually / # ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au" -W -f
57 /tmp/base.ldif -x
58 Enter LDAP Password:
59 adding new entry "dc=net,dc=au"
60 ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
61 additional info: no global superior knowledge
62 */code*
63
64 and if I try with:
65
66 *code*
67 dn: dc=au
68 dc: au
69 objectClass: top
70 objectClass: domain
71
72 dn: dc=net,dc=au
73 dc: net
74 objectClass: top
75 objectClass: domain
76
77 dn: dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
78 dc: domain
79 objectClass: top
80 objectClass: domain
81 */code*
82
83 I get:
84
85 *code*
86 dually / # ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au" -W -f
87 /tmp/base2.ldif -x
88 Enter LDAP Password:
89 adding new entry "dc=au"
90 ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
91 additional info: no global superior knowledge
92 */code*
93
94 awaiting slap over the head!
95