From: "Paul Kölle" <pkoelle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] ldap multiple dc rootdn?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 09:11:09
1 Chris S wrote:
2 > Paul Kölle wrote:
3 >
4 >> please post the ldif containing the entries for you intended base, I'll
5 >>
6 >> give it a shot.
9 > Hi Paul,
10 > Sorry for the delay.. been super busy.
11 >
12 > As previously mentioned, it's the base that I can't create with 3 dc
13 > levels, however I can get around it by creating base level of two, then
14 > adding the third dc, then switching the base back to 3 levels (although
15 > this doesn't "feel" clean). All the same, here's my configuration. Any
16 > pointers, slaps around the head appreciated.
17 >
18 > openldap 2.2.26 emerged and configured
19 >
20 > searching is successful:
21 >
22 > *code*
23 > dually # ldapsearch -D "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au" -W -x
24 > Enter LDAP Password:
25 > # extended LDIF
26 > #
27 > # LDAPv3
28 > # base <> with scope sub
29 > # filter: (objectclass=*)
30 > # requesting: ALL
31 > #
32 >
33 > # search result
34 > search: 2
35 > result: 32 No such object
36 >
37 > # numResponses: 1
38 Again, this is NOT a successful search, there are no results.
41 > */code*
42 >
43 > here is my base.ldif:
44 >
45 > *code*
46 > dn: dc=net,dc=au
47 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
48
49 > when I try and insert it:
50 >
51 > *code*
52 > dually / # ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au" -W -f
53 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
54 > /tmp/base.ldif -x
55 > Enter LDAP Password:
56 > adding new entry "dc=net,dc=au"
57 > ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
58 > additional info: no global superior knowledge
59 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
60 >From your ldapadd line, I assume you have in slapd.conf:
61
62 database bdb
63 suffix dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
64
65 The thing you probably missed: You don't need to and you are not allowed
66 to add entries *below* the "suffix" from slapd.conf as it could be
67 another suffix. If you try to add something like: "dn: dc=net,dc=au"
68 slapd searches for *immediate parents* (here: dc=au) to that entry,
69 either in the directory or for a "suffix" line in slapd.conf (remember,
70 its a tree). If it couldn't find one you get the "no global superior
71 knowledge" error or an "already exists" if the enty is already there.
72
73 Solution:
74
75 ldif
76
77 dn: dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
78 dc=domain
79 objectClass: top
80 objectClass: dcObject
81 objectClass: domain
82 objectClass: domainRelatedObject
83 associatedDomain: domain.net.au
84
85 dn: ou=users,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
86 ou: users
87 objectClass: top
88 objectClass: organizationalUnit
89 objectClass: domainRelatedObject
90 associatedDomain: domain.net.au
91
92 end ldif
93
94 slapd.conf
95
96 database bdb
97 suffix dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
98 rootdn cn=manager,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
99 rootpw not24get
100
101 directory /var/lib/openldap-data
102 index objectClass eq
103
104 end slapd.conf
105
106 of course this is just the configuration for that backend, you'll need
107 more info in slapd.conf for your server to run properly.
110 cheers
111 Paul
116 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list