From: Tim Igoe <tim@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] webmail software
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:31:49
1 Patrick McLean wrote:
2 > Michael Irey wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi everyone, I am reviewing webmail software to be be installed in a
5 >> high use production environment. The mail server is qmail with vpopmail.
6 >> I am looking for:
7 >> * stability
8 >> * security
9 >> * speed
10 >> * ability to change the look and feel
11 >> * overall features
12 >>
13 >> The ones I have reviewed so far are horde/imp, squirrelmail, and DWmail.
14 >>
15 >> Any suggestions would be great.
18 Try looking into Horde (and Horde-imp which is the mail module for horde).
19
20 I use this system on a few servers I admin - its gone down well with all
21 the users, especially when I added the extra modules like tasks, notes,
22 address book, calendar
23
24 I especially like the front page when you login - customisable with
25 blocks of information from the above sections and also rss feeds.
28 > We are using squirrelmail with courier-imap to serve ~5000 users, it's
29 > working great, haven't had any signifigant problems that I know of. (I
30 > am not the administrator of the webmail, one of my coworkers deals with
31 > that)
32 >
33 > I do administer a small mail server with squirrelmail, it works great
34 > but we only have about 50 users on it. (though it is a Dual Pentium Pro
35 > 200)
38 Tim Igoe
39 tim@×××××××.uk
40 http://tim.igoe.me.uk - Personal Site
41 http://tv.igoe.me.uk - UK TV Guide
42
43 "Computers are like Air-con, open windows and they stop working!"