From: Patrick McLean <pmclean@×××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] webmail software
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:56:59
1 Michael Irey wrote:
2 > Hi everyone, I am reviewing webmail software to be be installed in a high use
3 > production environment. The mail server is qmail with vpopmail.
4 >
5 > I am looking for:
6 > * stability
7 > * security
8 > * speed
9 > * ability to change the look and feel
10 > * overall features
11 >
12 > The ones I have reviewed so far are horde/imp, squirrelmail, and DWmail.
13 >
14 > Any suggestions would be great.
15
16 We are using squirrelmail with courier-imap to serve ~5000 users, it's
17 working great, haven't had any signifigant problems that I know of. (I
18 am not the administrator of the webmail, one of my coworkers deals with
19 that)
20
21 I do administer a small mail server with squirrelmail, it works great
22 but we only have about 50 users on it. (though it is a Dual Pentium Pro 200)
23 --
24 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list