From: Joby Walker <zorloc@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] webmail software
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:59:25
1 I've been using squirrelmail for a few years to provide webmail for my
2 users (mostly friends), and in general it is pretty popular. There is
3 also a large number of plugins to provide additional functionality
4 beyond just webmail.
5
6 Joby Walker
7 PGP key: https://staff.washington.edu/joby/joby-h-pub.asc
10 Patrick McLean wrote:
11 > Michael Irey wrote:
12 >
13 >> Hi everyone, I am reviewing webmail software to be be installed in a
14 >> high use production environment. The mail server is qmail with vpopmail.
15 >> I am looking for:
16 >> * stability
17 >> * security
18 >> * speed
19 >> * ability to change the look and feel
20 >> * overall features
21 >>
22 >> The ones I have reviewed so far are horde/imp, squirrelmail, and DWmail.
23 >>
24 >> Any suggestions would be great.
27 > We are using squirrelmail with courier-imap to serve ~5000 users, it's
28 > working great, haven't had any signifigant problems that I know of. (I
29 > am not the administrator of the webmail, one of my coworkers deals with
30 > that)
31 >
32 > I do administer a small mail server with squirrelmail, it works great
33 > but we only have about 50 users on it. (though it is a Dual Pentium Pro
34 > 200)
35 --
36 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list