From: Isaac Conway <ike@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] iptables extensions
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:01:52
1 I've had some success using Netem for packet delay, but I haven't really
2 explored the packet loss portion of it. Here is a good tutorial for
3 getting it set up:
4 http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Net:Netem
5 Hope this helps.
6 Isaac C
7
8 On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 17:18 +0100, Karl Hiramoto wrote:
9 > Anyone know if there is a easy way in gentoo in install the iptable
10 > extenstions "nth" and "random" extensions?
11 >
12 > http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//netfilter-extensions-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.9
13 >
14 > I have the USE="extensions" when emerging iptables set.
15 >
16 > What i'm actually trying to do, is do some testing simulatiing packet
17 > loss. Any other ways in linux to do this? Looking around it looks like
18 > my other option is BSD.
19 >
20 > Thanks,
21 >