From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Managing multiple servers.
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 11:04:11
1 On Friday 03 June 2011 11:37:28 Christian Kauhaus wrote:
2 > Am 02.06.2011 21:31, schrieb Sven Vermeulen:
3 > > I wrote (and still maintain) a package called cvechecker
4 > > (http://cvechecker.sourceforge.net) whose purpose is to scan the system
5 > > for installed software (or you use a simple file that tells the
6 > > application what is installed so systemwide scans aren't needed then
7 > > anymore) and pull in information from NVD about CVE entries. It then
8 > > matches the CVE entries with the detected software/versions on your
9 > > system and report which ones might be affected by a known
10 > > vulnerability.
11 >
12 > This looks really interesting. As an admin in a larger installation, I must
13 > evaluate the impact of possible security problems on our infrastructure by
14 > myself anyway. This tool could give a good basis in form of early warnings.
15 >
16 > Has anyone already written an ebuild?
17
18 Yes, the location for this is listed on the website:
19 http://cvechecker.sourceforge.net/install.html#gentoo
22 Joost