From: Christian Kauhaus <kc@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Managing multiple servers.
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 10:06:36
1 Am 02.06.2011 21:31, schrieb Sven Vermeulen:
2 > I wrote (and still maintain) a package called cvechecker
3 > (http://cvechecker.sourceforge.net) whose purpose is to scan the system for
4 > installed software (or you use a simple file that tells the application what
5 > is installed so systemwide scans aren't needed then anymore) and pull in
6 > information from NVD about CVE entries. It then matches the CVE entries with
7 > the detected software/versions on your system and report which ones might be
8 > affected by a known vulnerability.
9
10 This looks really interesting. As an admin in a larger installation, I must
11 evaluate the impact of possible security problems on our infrastructure by
12 myself anyway. This tool could give a good basis in form of early warnings.
13
14 Has anyone already written an ebuild?
15
16 Regards
17
18 Christian
21 Dipl.-Inf. Christian Kauhaus <>< · kc@××××××.com · systems administration
22 gocept gmbh & co. kg · forsterstraße 29 · 06112 halle (saale) · germany
23 http://gocept.com · tel +49 345 1229889 11 · fax +49 345 1229889 1
24 Zope and Plone consulting and development